Norz Hill Farm & Market, LLC is proud to offer our home raised beef, pork and eggs.
Our goal is to provide our clients with the best home grown meats with proper care for the animals.
We do not use artificial growth hormones.
Only if absolutely necessary will medication be administered.
All animals are offered fresh water, hay we raised and organic okara. All natural feeds are used for the animals that receive grain.
So what are our chickens offered and where do they roam?
- All natural feed, no meat by-products.
- All the well water they can drink.
- Shelter, they have nests to lay in and a platform to roost on. No roosters in these pens.
- An area to run, scratch and peck outside.
- During the summer they love to snack on tomatoes.
- No, they do not get antibiotics!
And the cows?
- When you drive by the farm you can see the cows out grazing in the fields.
- They have all the fresh water they want.
- Of course during the winter there is no grass, so cows are happy to have our local grown hay!
- During the year they are offered an organic tofu by-product, this is their major protein source.
- We do not give any of our animals synthetic hormones.
- During the summer they get a lot of fresh vegetables.
- If needed, and only needed they will receive an antibiotic, because we believe in treating animals with respect
What about the pigs?
- Our pigs receive the same organic tofu by-product as the cows.
- They too have fresh water anytime of the day.
- They are offered an all natural feed, no meat by-products.
- Our pigs love fresh produce, especially watermelon.
- If needed, and only needed they will receive an antibiotic, because we believe in treating animals with respect.
- These pigs live in the Virginia Style heifer barn, so we can keep an eye on them and make sure their tails have a curl!
Processing of the meat.
- We must use a USDA certified butcher to resell our meat.
- We use two different butchers, one in Mt. Joy, PA and one in Springfield, PA.
- The meat is flash frozen to pressure the fresh quality.
- All the meat we sell was raised on our farm.